Personalised "The Times" Front Page Jigsaw Puzzle
The past meets the present with this superb 400-piece jigsaw puzzle, featuring the front page of The London Times newspaper on a date of your choice.
These fascinating jigsaws are individually created using high quality, mono reproductions taken from original - and increasingly rare ‚, archive editions dating as far back as 1888. What in the world was happening on that special day? Simply choose a date and you will be 400 pieces away from finding out!
An ideal and prestigious gift for any special date or event: birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, retirements.
Choose from a Cardboard or a Wooden Jigsaw
For an extra special personalised gift, give someone special a superb, heirloom quality 300-piece wooden jigsaw puzzle. These individually handcrafted jigsaw puzzles are made using 3mm thick wood and each jigsaw contains a special newspaper shaped piece in the centre, called a "whimsie".Victorian craftsmen, who invented the jigsaw concept during the 19th century cut unusually shaped pieces "on a whim", which is why these unique shaped pieces are named Whimsies. Your unique puzzle arrives in a stylish drawstring pouch presented in a handsome storage "book box". Delight and impress with this highly original and distinguished gift ensuring hours of pleasure and enjoyment for many, years (and generations) to come.
- Completed 400-piece cardboard jigsaw measures 32 x 47cm
- Completed 300-piece wooden jigsaw measures 32 x 47cm (not currently available)
Made using either 1.5mm millboard or 3mm wood, these superb jigsaws are hand-finished by our expert craftsmen.
To help complete each puzzle, a full size guide image of the front cover is included
Important product Information
- Any date prior to 3rd May 1966 will show a front cover that features a list of classified adverts (i.e. old fashioned births, deaths and marriages etc.) and not the common news format we see today.
- The London Times is not published on bank holidays, therefore no pages are available for these days.
- Due to strikes, front covers are not available for the following dates:
- The Times was not published between 26th March 1955 and 20th April 1955.
- The Times was not published between 1st December 1978 and 12 November 1979.
- Any date prior to 3rd May 1966 will show a‚ front cover that features a list of classified adverts‚ (i.e. old fashioned births, deaths and marriages etc.) and not the common news format we see today.
- Front pages are not available for 10th - 13th June 1970.